Looking for Birmingham, UK?
There are four options for Birmingham airport parking. “AirValet” is a 24-hour, valet service car park, without shuttle service. It offers car care, as does “Alabama Airport Parking“, another valet service.
Some information about Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport:
- Near the interchange of I-20 and I-59, Birmingham International sits approximately 5 miles northeast of downtown Birmingham.
- This major airport has flights on American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection/Comair, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express, US Airways and America West.
- Due to the presence of low cost carrier Southwest Airlines, the airport has started to pull away travelers from Atlanta’s airport.
- In addition to the business center with fax, a public notary and work stations, there is free wireless Internet available throughout the terminal. Food options include a half-dozen fast food restaurants and gift shop/bookstore. Near the north-south runway, visitors can also take in the The Southern Museum of Flight.
- For up-to-date traffic information, check out Alabama’s Department of Transportation here.
Alternative ways to get to Birmingham International Airport:
- Taxi: American Cab, Award Cab Company, Birmingham Cab Company, Hill Cab Company and Yellow Cab all service Birmingham International.
- Bus/Shuttle: Airport express runs to and from Atlanta’s airport to Birmingham’s airport. Birmingham Door to Door also provides shuttle service.